Tom has been involved in matters dealing with a wide range of practice areas including finance, real estate, private placement securities offerings, general business transactions, start-ups, litigation, bankruptcy, land use, creditor’s rights, and corporate and commercial law. The areas of greatest concentration have been in project and commercial financing, real estate development, loan workouts and restructurings, and general business transactions.
His general experience includes representation of:
- Real estate developers and investors in connection with the acquisition, development, leasing, financing and sale of real estate projects
- Commercial lenders in connection with construction loans, general real estate mortgage loans, and asset-based loans
- Commercial lenders in connection with loan workouts, forbearance arrangements and foreclosures of distressed loans
- Real estate developers and investors in connection with the renegotiation of distressed loans, forbearance arrangements and lender foreclosure actions
- Out-of-state lenders financing real estate projects in Indiana, serving as local counsel
- Out-of-state developers developing real estate projects in Indiana, serving as local counsel
- Clients involved in raising equity through private placement securities offerings
- Non-profit entities in connection with development of new facilities
- Small businesses in various commercial matters
In a typical year, Tom will be involved in transactions with an aggregate monetary value of between $250,000,000 and $500,000,000. He has been involved in real estate projects located in over half of the states in the U.S. His article,“Reconsidering Completion Guaranties” was published in ALI-ABA’s The Practical Real Estate Lawyer.