Tim is a partner with Wooden McLaughlin and his practice focuses primarily on sophisticated commercial real estate transactions. With an emphasis on commercial real estate finance and development, he represents lenders and owners/developers in a variety of transactions, including multi-family housing, senior living and long-term care housing, office and mixed-use facilities.
Tim’s diverse commercial real estate practice includes:
- Counsel for state and national commercial lenders and financial institutions in construction loans, real estate mortgage loans, tax increment financing (TIF) and urban renewal and payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) structuring, and commercial loan workouts and restructuring transactions.
- Counsel for multifamily lenders and developers involving acquisition, construction, permanent financing and refinancing transactions with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, and US Department of Agriculture/Rural Housing Service.
- Representation and counsel for lenders and developers involving the requirements and procedures of the Full Review and Modified Review Transfer of Physical Assets (TPA) processes of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- IRC Section 42 low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) and Affordable Housing Program (AHP) transactions.
- Represents financial institutions, mortgage lenders and related trade associations regarding federal and state banking laws and regulations, including the analysis of newly-enacted or proposed legislation.
Best Lawyers in America® has recognized Tim as a leading lawyer in the field of Real Estate law.